Hiring – Post-doctoral Research Associate Position
The Department of Religious Studies at the University of Virginia invites candidates to apply for a post-doctoral Research Associate position.
The Research Associate conducts research and supports academic and public events related to the study of religion. Duties will include administrative tasks in support of research activities, the Forum on Democracy and Religion, the Virginia Center for the Study of Religion, and the Mormon Studies Program. The Research Associate will coordinate public events and academic meetings and provide communications and budgetary support. The position may also involve teaching academic courses and an opportunity to present research. This job is ideal for someone who thrives in a higher education environment, has an interest in the study of religion, especially but not limited to American religion and Mormonism.
- A Ph.D. or terminal degree with experience in Religious Studies or related area is required at the time of application.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in the design, promotion and maintenance of digital initiatives and hosting online events.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong academic, organizational, and administrative abilities.
- Excellent attention to detail, show initiative, and demonstrate flexibility to respond to varying demands.
- Ability to be innovative and creative in responding to external demands.
- Proficiency in promotional publishing software, electronic communications, and records management is required, as is proficiency in Word and Excel; social media expertise strongly preferred.
This is a one-year appointment; however, the appointment may be renewed for an additional two, one-year appointments, contingent upon funding and satisfactory performance.
Apply online at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs: search for posting #R0024317 (or through Workday for internal applicants), complete the application, and attach the following:
***Please note that all required documents MUST be uploaded in the “resume” box.***
- Cover Letter
- Writing sample
- Three references (name, title, relationship, email address, and telephone number)
***Applications that do not contain all the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
Questions about this position should be directed to Carolyn Howarter, Research Associate, at email@example.com or 217-766-3134, or Jean Blackwell, Department Finance and Administration Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the application process should be directed to: Nicole Robinson, Faculty Search Advisor at email@example.com.
The University will perform background checks on all new faculty hires prior to making a final offer of