Joseph Smith Lecture 2016 — Additional Event
September 8, 2016 | UVA Law School, Caplin Pavilion
A panel entitled “’We, the people of the Kingdom of God,’ the Mormon Alternative Political Order,” will provide legal, historical and religious studies perspectives on the Council of Fifty Minutes,” the first volume in the Joseph Smith Administrative Papers. For directions to the UVA Law School, see here.
The panel will comprise:
- Richard E. Turley, Jr., former LDS Assistant Church Historian and Recorder
- Matthew J. Grow, Director of Publications, LDS Church History Department, and chief editor of the “Minutes”
- Nathan B. Oman, Tazewell Taylor Research Professor of Law, William and Mary School of Law
- Kathleen Flake, Bushman Chair of Mormon Studies , UVA
- Richard Bushman has agreed to chair the panel and serve as commentator during the anticipated conversation with the audience.